There is a lot of talk this year about how bad the flu is, they even report on the news of the deaths. The actual numbers vary greatly depending on you are talking to? And which “news” station you listen to. But getting the flu is never pleasant. Of course, they are also talking about getting a flu shot? Does that work?
I’ve heard from many people how they got the flu shot and still got the flu, but then the answer has been, it would have been worse if they didn’t get the flu shot. I’m skeptical. I know one person who rarely gets sick much less gets a flu, but her doctor talked her into getting one this year. Yes, she got sick.
Whatever you think about this, you should some information to help with the flu if you do get it (or even if you get a cold)
Here is our article on Flu
And, of course, the right thing to do is build a healthy immune system
Electrolytes are important to your health. You can’t always get enough in your food.
Why are they important to your health?
Electrolytes are the smallest of chemicals that are important for the cells in the body to function and allow the body to work. The major electrolytes found within the body include calcium, magnesium, potassium, sodium – there are others.
Electrolytes are critical in allowing cells to generate energy, maintain the stability of the cell walls, and to function in general. Electrolytes generate electricity, contract muscles, move water and fluids within the body inside and outside of the cells, and participate in many other activities.
The concentration of electrolytes in the body is controlled by hormones, most of which are manufactured in the kidney and the adrenal glands. There are specialized kidney cells that monitor the amount of sodium, potassium, and water in the bloodstream.
The body functions in a very narrow range of normal, and it is hormones keep the electrolyte balance within those normal limits.
An example of keeping electrolyte concentrations in balance includes turning on the thirst mechanism when the body gets dehydrated.
See Article – Electrolytes
How to easily get enough
Here is an article by Dr. Mercola that we wanted to pass on. With all the problems and side-effects (like violence & suicide) around the taking of anti-depressants. He has some great data on the cause of depression due to diet.
Here is his article:
- Depression is the leading cause of ill health and disability worldwide, affecting an estimated 322 million people globally, including more than 16 million Americans, 6 million of whom are seniors
- Research shows nutrition is a crucial factor in depression, and researchers have suggested diet is an important yet overlooked aspect of psychiatry
- Recent research found seniors who followed the DASH diet were 11 percent less likely to develop depression over the following six years, whereas those following a standard Western diet had the highest rates of depression
- Other studies have shown that unprocessed foods, especially fermented foods, help optimize your gut microbiome, thereby supporting optimal mental health, whereas sugar, wheat (gluten) and processed foods have been linked to a greater risk for depression, anxiety and even suicide
- Your gut communicates to your brain via your vagus nerve and the stress pathway in your endocrine system, and by producing mood-boosting neurotransmitters. These links help explain why your gut health has such a significant impact on your mental health
See the entire article
What about the gift of health? Is anyone on your list in need of a good quality daily vitamin? Or a natural pain reliever? Do they need help to sleep? Or need more energy?
A Different Idea, a natural supplement gift.
Daily Vitamins – Life Support Formula
Pain Relief Cream
Real Energy Formula
Sleep Support Formula
Or check our index for more gifts.
Sometimes reading about health challenges you get the idea that it is just something that happens and you have to be vigilant in order to catch the problem early enough to do something about it. Or you can read how it is genetic so there really isn’t anything you can do about?
True? I think not.
There are 3 ways to create bad health.
1) Put something into the body that will cause the body to malfunction. This can be toxins from the environment, the foods you eat and the air you breathe or added chemicals to cleaning supplies, tooth paste, cosmetics, etc. etc. etc. etc.
2) Not give the body what it needs to function properly. The body needs 40 nutrients every day that it cannot make. It has to come from the food and drink that is consumed. That is why we say to build health – eat for your health, not your taste buds.
3) Stress. No, don’t reach for a chemical fix, but stress produces too much cortisol, pushes too much insulin into the body, unbalances hormones and exhausts the adrenals, etc. etc.
Yes, there is something you can do about it. You can work on building good health. Actually, that is why this website was created.
” Concerned with the amount of degenerative diseases and other illnesses that occur due to nutritional deficiencies caused by faulty diet, www. mcvitamins.com was created in 1999.”
Read: Toxins for a list of toxins found in the environment. Check your labels.
Read: What is a Healthy Diet?
Read: What is Stressing You Out?
Read: Adrenal Fatigue
and out Site Index for more infomation
I’ve been talking to people about their neuropathy for 14 years. I offer a quiz to help people to know what can make the neuropathy worse, or what will slow down building healthy nerves when taking supplements. (Here is the quiz, if you are interested – Quiz
One thing that I get often is that the cause of their neuropathy (nerve damage) is unknown. Not only does that bother me as they could be doing something everyday that creates more nerve damage, but I don’t understand why the cause can’t be found.
So, on that note, here is an article where all the causes of nerve damage is listed.
Causes of Neuropathy (Risk Factors)
There are so many ways for toxins to sneak into your body – food, drink and through the skin.
We live in a toxic environment. The air you breathe can be polluted with chemicals (some places more than others), the toxins can come via processed foods (just look at the labels sometimes) and in the household products that you clean with. Cleaners that you wash your dishes with, cleaners for your bathroom, bedroom and kitchen, and even those you brush your teeth with.
Learn More about Toxins in Your Environment – One of the Causes of Bad Health
Get rid of stress and help your adrenals.
There are so many things in your environment that triggers stress such as TV.
If you watch the news over a period of time your mind starts to fixated on fear. The worst thing you can do is watch the news before bed.
You have to personally select what is in your environment and in your space and not allow everything to come through so that you won’t get all these triggers.
There are tons of things that are affecting your adrenals and you may not be aware of it.
The stress is in the past with memories and past pictures that have pain. We want to put your more into the future – more in imagination or day dream of how beautiful your future will be for you.
I’m not talking about fear of the future because that is still rooted to your past. Being in the future is a complete blank slate, you’re not there yet. It is a very healthy place to be.
Being in the present is therapeutic. Me and my wife play with legos or color instead of watching TV because it forces us to be in the present through activity.
Anything you can do to create rather it is:
These things are very healthy and will help you stay present. In the present, there is no scary anything.
Start changing your environment the way you want it to help your adrenals.
See Dr. Berg’s Complete Educational Video
I’ve heard and seen things about Aromatherapy. I never paid much attention to it and felt it was creating nice odors that people wanted in their house or felt it relaxed them.
Then I found out that in 1937, a french perfumer gave that name to essential oils which is actually traditional plant medicine.
Now that was something I’d be interested in finding out about. It is now called essential oils and is becoming popular again. Plant medicine has been around for thousands of years and was the only medicine until the 1880s when the drug companies were formed to make pharmaceuticals.
So what can plant medicine do? A lot of things, and its safe and works well.
Why do the essences of the plant create change? And what can it do?
Read: Essential Oils – Plant Medicine for Wellness